Having difficulties? This document should help you find answers to commonly asked questions about the usachurch.com site!
Question: Our church has a website, can you add a link to our URL?
You (or someone from that church) will need to claim ownership of the listing -
then you (or they) will be able to edit it or enhance it when needed. See "How do I edit/modify our church listing?" below.
Question: How do I add my church to your index/directory?
1. Locate and enter your home portal (metro area) from the index page.
2. You (as a person) must become a USA Church member - click on the "Sign Up For Free" link. (You can then log in - which requires a validated email address)
3. First check to see if your church already in our database: Go to the Churches page and use the "Search by Church Name" field. If you do find it, go to the listing's detail page and then click on the "this is my church - assign me as the owner" link.
4. If you do not find it, click on the "Add Your Listing" link, and then on the "Add a church" link. Once you submit the form, your listing will have to be approved by a USA Church admin. Once approved, A: it will be viewable in our directory, and B: you will be assigned as the listing owner, which means you can modify the listing if necessary.
Question: How do I edit/modify our church listing?
1. Make sure you (as a person) are a USA Church member - if not, click on the "Sign Up For Free" link.
2. Make sure you are logged in. (This requires a validated email address)
3. In order to be able to modify a listing, you must first be the listing owner. The listing owner is basically the one who has admin control over the listing. Go to the listing's detail page and then click on the "this is my church - assign me as the owner" link. (If this link is not visible anywhere on the detail page, someone else may have already claimed ownership of the listing.)
4. Once you have claimed ownership, a USA Church admin will examine your request and approve it if it seems appropriate. You will be notified once an admin makes this decision.
5. Once you are the listing owner, there are 2 ways to edit your listings. A: Go to the listing's detail page, and click on the "Edit this church's info" link. B: Go to your "Member Settings" page, click on the "My Organizations" tab, then click on the "edit" link for the org you want to edit.
Question: When I attempt to log on, I can't because it says my email has not been validated - how do I validate it?
When you get this error message, a new validation email is sent to your email address used during signing up. Please check for that and follow the instructions. If you have a spam filter on your email, please set it to allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This is important as 95% of missing validation emails are deleted by spam filters. If you no longer have access to the email account you used on sign-up, contact tech support to modify your account to your new email address.
Question: I just added/edited our listing - how long will it take to show up in the directory?
We do our best to respond quickly to all submissions. But because we often get very backed up with requests, it can take up to several weeks to approve your listing.
Question: When I try to add a listing, the site keeps kicking me back to the login page. I know I am using the correct username and password - what am I doing wrong?
This behavior usually occurs when you have cookies disabled in your web browser. You *must* have cookies enabled to use our site.